Once you activate GST in your company, you can record the purchase of goods and services (inward supply) that attract GST using a purchase voucher. Ensure that you provide unique voucher numbers for your purchase vouchers, and use a new series of voucher numbering.
The purchase of goods or services from a supplier in the same state attracts central tax and state tax.
To record a local purchase transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase.
Supplier invoice no.: Displays the sales invoice no. of the supplying party.
Date: Displays the date on which the sales invoice was passed by the supplier.
2. In Party A/c name, select the supplier's ledger or the cash ledger.
3. Select the purchase ledger applicable for local taxable purchases.
4. Select the required items, and specify the quantities and rates.
5. Select the central and state tax ledgers.
You can view the tax details by clicking A: Tax Analysis. Click F1: Detailed to view the tax break-up.
The purchase of goods or services from a supplier from another state attracts integrated tax.
To record an interstate purchase
● Follow the steps used for recording a local purchase transaction, with the following changes:
o Select the purchase ledger applicable for interstate purchases.
o Select the integrated tax ledger.
Depending on the location of the supplier, you can record a local or interstate purchase transaction with the applicable GST rates.