1. Advance Received from Customer against Sale in Tally.ERP9
(A) To record a Receipt Voucher for Advance Received from Customer against Sale in Tally.ERP9
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F6: Receipt .
[ Note : Set the option Maintain Bill-wise details to Yes in F11 : Features under Outstanding Management]
2. Click N : Nature of Receipt > Advance Receipt to mark the voucher for advance receipt.
3. Account : Select the bank to which the payment will be made.
4. Select the party ledger. Ensure the bill-wise details is enabled in the ledger master.
The Advance Receipt Details screen appears with the list of stock items.
To select a ledger, click L : Show Ledgers . Click F12: Configure and set the options:
Allow to provide rate of stock items? to Yes , to enter/alter the slab rate of the stock item.
Allow to provide quantity for calculation of cess on quantity? to Yes , to enter the cess rate and cess rate per unit.
Allow modification of tax details? to Yes , to override the GST and cess rates in the voucher.
5. Select the stock item (goods enabled for GST) i.e. Computer or ledger (services enabled for GST).
6. Enter the Advance Amount , which is inclusive of GST . You can adjust this against the sales invoice partially/fully, based on the sale value.
At the end of the month, depending on the balance amount of the advance available, you can record a journal voucher to raise the liability.
Based on the amount entered, the break-up of the GST amount gets auto calculated for Central Tax , State Tax , and Cess , if applicable. The Advance Receipt Details screen appears as shown below:
7. Press Ctrl+A to accept the Advance Receipt Details screen and return to the receipt voucher.
8. Select the type of reference as Advance and enter the reference details in the Bill-wise Details screen.
9. Accept the receipt voucher.
10. Click P : Print . To print the State Name , Code , and Place of Supply in the voucher,
click F12: Configure and set the options as given below:
- Print State Name & State Code? to Yes .
- Print Place of Supply? to Yes .
- Press Ctrl+A to accept.
11. Set Print GST Advance Receipt? to Yes , as shown below:
12. Press Enter to print.
The printed receipt voucher with the GST details appears as shown below: