You can a record journal voucher to raise the liability towards interest, penalty, late fee, or other dues.
(A) Journal Voucher towards Late Fee Payable to the Govt. in TallyERP9
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment .
3. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen, select the options as shown below:
4. Press Enter to save and return to the journal voucher.
5. Debit the expenses or party ledger (i.e Late Fee on GST) , and enter the amount of Late Fee Liability.
6. Credit the ledger grouped under Current Liabilities ( i.e. Late Fee Payable) .
7. Press Ctrl+A to accept the journal voucher.
Similarly, you can record the journal voucher by selecting the Additional Details in the Stat Adjustment Details as:
- Penalty , for penalty payable.
- Interest , for Interest payable.
- Others , for other dues payable.