You can claim the excess amount paid as tax, interest, penalty, late fee or other dues as refund using a journal voucher.
(A) Journal Voucher for Refund of Excess payment of Late Fee Liability under GST in TallyERP9
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment .
3. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen, select the options as shown below:
4. Press Enter to save and return to the journal voucher.
5. Debit the bank ledger, and enter the amount of interest liability.
Note: To select bank or cash ledger, click F12: Configure and set the option Allow cash accounts in journal vouchers? to Yes in the Voucher Configuration screen.
6. Credit the GST ledgers or ledger grouped under Indirect Expenes (earlier) or Current Assets .
7. Press Ctrl+A to accept the journal voucher.
Similarly, you can record the journal voucher by selecting the Additional Details in the Stat Adjustment Details as:
Not Applicable , for refund of excess tax payment made.
Penalty , for refund of excess payment made towards penalty.
Interest , for refund of excess payment made towards Interest.
Others , refund of excess payment made towards other dues.