2. Record Invoice with Details required for e-Way Bill, and create JSON in Tally.ERP9
When you enable e-Way Bill for a company, the option Export e-Way Bill details from invoice after saving? is also enabled in theVoucher Configuration screen.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Select the party ledger, sales ledger, stock items, and tax ledgers. When the invoice value is above Rs. 50,000, the optionProvide GST/e-Way Bill details? appears which is set to Yes . Press Enter to view the Statutory Details screen.
Note: A POS invoice is issued in the check-out counter of a shop, and the goods are generally carried by the buyer. Hence, the option Provide GST/e-Way Bill details? will not appear in a POS invoice. If the supplier agrees to deliver the goods and the transaction value exceeds the threshold limit of e-Way Bill, you can enter the transport details from e-Way Bill reports.
3. In the Statutory Details screen, enter the mandatory details required for generating the e-Way Bill.
Note: Click F12: Configure to:
♦ Enable consolidated e-Way Bill details - enter the details required for generating a consolidated e-Way Bill.
♦ Show state name for Dispatch From and Ship To - select the state name under Dispatch From and Ship Tosections.
♦ Show consignor details - update your company address details.
Provide the relevant details in the fields which has the asterisk marked in red * . Once you provide the details, the colour of the asterisk will turn to black. If you have provided one of the mandatory details, for example:
- For transport by Road , you can either enter the Date and Vehicle number , or Date and Transporter ID .
- For transport by Rail/Air/Ship , you have to enter the Date along with either the Doc. No. , Lading No. , RR No. , or AirWay No.
4. If goods are transported in different modes or vehicles, press Ctrl+T and enter the transporter's details.
5. Accept the Transporter's Details screen.
6. Click W : e-Way Bill Details t o enter the details of multiple e-Way Bills generated for a single transaction.
7. In the e-Way Bill Details screen, enter the e-Way Bill No. and Date for each Sub Type along with the Document Type andStatus of e-Way Bill . You can now select SKD/CKD/Lots , as per the new e-Way Bill requirements.
8. Accept the e-Way Bill Details screen .
9. Press Enter to accept the invoice. The Export Details for e-Way Bill screen appears.
10. Press Enter to create a JSON file. The folder in which the JSON is created now appears.
11. Upload the JSON file to the portal to generate the e-Way Bill.
12. Return to the invoice in Tally.ERP 9. Enter the e-Way Bill No. and e-Way Bill Date in the Update e-Way Bill Informationscreen.
Note: You can update these details in the Update e-Way Bill Information report as well.
To create one JSON for multiple invoices from the Invoice Ready for Export section of e-Way Bill Report .
If you have configured the voucher type to print after saving, you can print the invoice with e-Way Bill number .
Note: If you had entered e-Way Bill details in delivery note and tracked it to sales invoice, you need to manually enter the same details of e-Way Bill in the sales invoice.
Mandatory details missing in invoice
If the mandatory details required for generating e-Way Bill are not provided, you can enter the same by referring to the message displayed while saving the voucher.
Altering an invoice
If you alter the invoice and the total value exceeds Rs. 50,000, the option Provide GST/e-Way Bill details? appears to enter the e-Way Bill details. It prompts for generation of JSON on saving the invoice. You can also create JSON at a later point in time, by clicking E : Export in the alteration mode of the invoice.
UQC for e-Way Bill
The list of Unit Quantity Code (UQC) provided by GSTN for GSTR-1, does not match with the list provided by NIC for e-Way Bill. Also, the availability of UQC is not mandatory for generating the e-Way Bill. Hence, the export of UQC mapped to the stock items selected in the invoice, is not supported in Tally.ERP 9. Once the list of UQC provided by NIC matches with that of GSTN, the required changes will be made available in Tally.ERP 9.
Probable Causes and Solution - If e-Way Bill Option Not appearing in the invoice in Tally.ERP9
You can do the following if the option Provide GST/e-Way Bill details? is not appearing in the invoice.
1. Voucher creation screen - make a note of the voucher date, voucher amount, and whether it is an interstate or intrastate transaction. Then check if:
The option e-Way Bill applicable? is set to Yes in the Company GST Details screen (F11 > F3).
The voucher date is on or after the Applicable from date set for e-Way Bills.
The voucher amount is above the, Threshold limit set for interstate or intrastate transaction, based on the Invoice value ,Taxable and exempt goods value or Taxable goods value , as defined for the option Threshold limit includes .
Make the required changes and save the screen.
Record a new transaction, enter the amount and date, and check if the option Provide GST/e-Way Bill details? is appearing in it.
If the option does not appear, rename the Tally.cfg file in Tally folder and recheck the date and values in the voucher. Ensure the relevant options are enabled in the Company GST Details screen.
2. Voucher alteration screen - in the e-Way Bill Reports :
Check if the invoice is appearing in the Invoices Exported section of the report (as the e-way Bill details were exported for creating the JSON file).
Press Ctrl+I to check if the e-Way Bill details are available.
3. If difficulty persists, go to e-Way Bill report, and check if the transaction is listed. If not press Ctrl+G . In the:
Information required for e-Way Bill not provided section, check if the transaction is available and resolve the exception.
Invoices Ready for Export section, check if the transaction is available.