1. Creating Expenses Ledger (Packing Charges) Assessable of GST on the basis of Quantity in Sales Invoice in Tally.ERP9
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create .
GST will be calculated after considering the expense or income value in the invoice, only when the options are set as follows:
- Is GST Applicable - Not Applicable
- Include in assessable value calculation for - GST
2. For the option Appropriate to , select
- Goods , if the expense or income value has to be included in the stock item cost.
- Services , if the expense or income value has to be included in the service value.
- Both , if the expense or income value has to be included in stock item cost or service value.
3. Select the Method of Calculation based on the selection made for the option Appropriate to . If you set it to Goods , select the Method of Calculation as:
- Based on Quantity , if the expense or income amount has to be distributed based on the quantity entered for each stock item in the invoice.
- Based on Value , if the expense or income amount has to be distributed based on the value of each stock item or service selected in the invoice.
You can use the expense ledger in a sales invoice for recording additional expenses along with the sale of goods or services.
Sold the DITYA SALES 5 Pcs. of 1" Golden Pipes and 10 Pcs. of 1" S.S. Pipes -12 with Packing Charges Rs.300 for 15 Items.
In this case the Packing Charges for total 15 Items will be Apportioned as :
For 5 Pcs of 1" Golden Pipes : ( Rs. 300/15*5 = Rs.100)
For 10 Pcs of 1" S.S. Pipes -12 : ( Rs. 300/15*10 = Rs.200)
Enter the Invoice under Voucher Entry in F8: Sales as ...
>> Click Tax Analysis or Press Alt+A in the Invoice to see the GST Details (Press Alt+F1) as below :
Similarly, you can use this ledger while creating purchase invoices.