3. Creating Party Ledger (TDS) in Tally.ERP9
TDS will be deducted on the basis of the deductee type, which has to be defined in the party ledger.
To create a Party Ledger in Tally.ERP9
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create
2. Enter the Name .
3. Select Sundry Creditor as the group name in the Under field.
4. Enable the option Maintain bill-by-bill , if required.
5. Enable the option Is TDS Deductible?
6. Select a Deductee Type .
7. Enable Deduct TDS in Same Voucher , if required.
8. Enter the Name of the service provider under Mailing Details .
9. Enter the Address .
10. Select the Country from the List of Countries .
11. Select the State from the List of States .
12. Enter the PIN Code .
13. Enable Provide Bank Details , if required.
14. Enter the PAN under Tax Information .
15. Enable the option Provide PAN Details to enter PAN details of the party.
The Ledger Creation screen appears as shown below:
16. Press Ctrl+A to save the details.