You can create an accounting voucher for advance payments made directly or by a third-party, along with the applicable TDS using Tally.ERP9.
Example-1 : (To Create a Advance Payment Directly)
On 1-5-2015, ABC Company paid an Advance of ₹ 1,00,000 on Rent to MAR Tech Park as Rent directly.
To create an advance payment
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Voucher > F5: Payment
2. Click F2: Date to change the date to 01-05-2015 .
3. Select bank ledger in the Account field.
4. Select MAR Tech Park in the Particulars field.
5. Enter 100000 in the amount field.
6. Select the TDS tax ledger. The TDS amount will automatically filled in the Amount field.
7. Press Enter .
8. Enter the Bank Allocation Details , as required.
9. Press Enter .
10. Enter Narration , if required.
The Payment invoice appears as shown below:
11. Press Ctrl + A to save the invoice.