Power Shortcuts for Voucher Creation
1. Alt +C: To create
any master (e.g. ledger, stock item) on a voucher
creation or alteration screen
For example, on the Sales Voucher screen, put the cursor at ‘Party’s A/c Name’ and press ‘Alt + C’
to open the ledger creation screen.
Once, the ledger creation is done, accept the screen and you will go back to the previous Sales
Voucher screen with the newly created ledger name.
+ Enter: To alter any master item on a voucher creation or alteration screen
For example, select a particular ledger or stock item on the Sales Voucher screen and press ‘Ctrl + Enter’.
+ R: To repeat narration on a voucher
While you are creating or altering a voucher, go to the Narration field and
press ‘Ctrl + R’.
copy the ‘Narration’ from the last opened transaction in the same voucher type.
+ Q: To cancel
or quit the screen without saving any of the changes made
On a voucher screen, press ‘Ctrl + Q’ to quit or cancel the transaction and come out of the screen. This does not save
any changes you have made.
5. Ctrl + D: To delete a line in a voucher
For example, on a voucher alteration or creation screen, highlight the required line and press ‘Ctrl + D’ to
6. Alt + D: To delete a voucher from its alteration screen, you can press ‘Alt + D’
Power Shortcuts for
Reports displaying Transactions
These are handy shortcuts we can use in reports like Day Book, Ledgers A/cs and Sales/Purchase
Registers etc. that show transactions.
1. Alt + A: To add a voucher right after the cursor position in a list of vouchers
· Go to ‘Gateway of Tally > Display > Day Book
· Select one voucher and press ‘Alt + A’ to insert a voucher right after the highlighted voucher in the
2. Alt + I: To insert a voucher before the cursor position in the vouchers list
· Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Account Books > Purchase Register > Press ‘Enter’
· Press ‘Alt + I’ to
insert a voucher directly before the highlighted voucher in the list
NOTE: The same keys can also be used to toggle between voucher and invoice mode on the sales and
purchase invoice creation screen.
3. Alt + D: To delete a voucher from the Day Book
For example, in
a Day Book or other reports showing the list of vouchers,
· Select or highlight the voucher to
delete > Press ‘Alt + D’.
4. Alt + 2 : To duplicate a voucher
While viewing a list of vouchers in reports:
· Select the voucher of which you want to make the duplicate > Press
‘Alt + 2’.
Now the voucher creation screen with the similar details or information on the selected voucher will be opened.
5. Alt + Enter: To view the ‘Voucher Display’
To do this:
· Select the required voucher on from the list of vouchers
> Press ‘Alt + Enter’.
· The ‘Voucher Display’
appear as shown
Hence, you can use these power shortcuts to help save time and enhance the usage experience inTally.ERP