1. Memo (Memorandum) Voucher in TallyERP9
This is a non-accounting voucher and the entries made using it will not affect your accounts. That is, Tally.ERP does not post these entries to ledgers but stores them in a separate Memorandum Register.
(A) Some uses for Memo Vouchers :
Making Suspense Payments :
For example, the company gives an employee cash to buy office supplies, the exact nature and cost of which are unknown. You could enter a voucher for the petty cash advance, a voucher to record the actual expenditure details when they are known, and another voucher to record the return of surplus cash.
However, a simpler way is to enter a Memo voucher when the cash is advanced, and then turn it into a Payment voucher for the actual amount spent, when known.
For example : the Company pays its employee ₹. 1000 as petty cash advance for Office Expenses.
The following entry has to be passed. :
To use Memorandum voucher,
1. Enable the following option from F11: Accounting Features
2. Use Reversing Journals & Optional Vouchers – Yes.
3. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Select Ctrl+F10: Memos from the Button Bar or click Ctrl+F10.
4. Debit Printing & Stationery Account.
5. Credit Cash Account.
Vouchers not verified at the time of entry :
It sometimes happens that you do not understand the details of a voucher you are entering. Enter it as a Memo voucher and amend it when you get the details.
Items given on approval :
You will normally only enter completed sales into the books. Suppose items are given “on approval”. You can track them with a Memo voucher and convert it into a proper Sales voucher, or delete the memo voucher, depending on the outcome.
(B) View all Memorandum Voucher Register
Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Exception Reports > Memorandum Vouchers.
View them from the Day Book as well.
You can alter and convert a Memo voucher into a regular voucher when you decide to bring the entry into your books. Use Scenarios to see the effect of Memo entries on reports and statements.
2. Optional Voucher in TallyERP9
This is another non-accounting voucher. However, it differs from the Memo voucher in that it is not a separate voucher type. You mark an existing voucher, (e.g., a payment voucher or a receipt voucher) as ‘Optional’. Press [CTRL]+[L] or click on the button. This button toggles with ‘Regular’. By marking it ‘Optional’ the voucher does not get posted anywhere but remains in the have the Optional Register.
To enable optional vouchers set Use reversing journals and optional vouchers? to Yes under F11: Features > F1: Accounts
(A) Mark a Voucher type as Optional
You can make a voucher type default to ‘Optional’. This is done during creation of a new voucher type or alteration of an existing voucher type. (Gateway of Tally.ERP > Accounts Info > Voucher Types).
To mark a voucher type as Optional
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Voucher Types > Alter.
2. Select a voucher type.
3. Set Make Optional as default to Yes.
4. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
After enabling this option, any vouchers entered using this particular voucher type will be marked optional.
(B) Use of optional vouchers
- Mark a voucher Optional , when it is an incomplete transaction and you do not want it to affect the accounts. Once it is completed, modify the voucher and post it as a regular voucher. For example , optional sales invoice can be printed as a proforma invoice.
- Optional vouchers can be used to forecast future sales. For example , create a new voucher type, say Sales Forecast. Record future sales projections using this voucher type.
- Optional vouchers allow you to see the impact of transactions without actually posting them.
(C) View All Optional Vouchers Register
The list of optional vouchers can be viewed in the optional voucher register.
To view optional voucher register,
go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Exception Reports > Optional Vouchers .
Note: Optional voucher can also be view from the Day Book .
3. Post-dated Voucher in TallyERP9
While entering vouchers, you can mark them as Post Dated by using CTRL+T, as a result these vouchers are not updated in the ledgers till the date specified in the voucher. This is useful for entering transactions that take place on a regular basis.
For example, if you pay for something by instalments, you can set-up the payments in advance, and Tally.ERP will only enter them in the ledgers as they fall due date.
Mark vouchers ‘Post Dated’ by [CTRL] + [ T ] or click on the button. The button toggles with ‘Current’.
All Post-dated vouchers are maintained in a Post-dated vouchers Register.
View All Post-Dated Vouchers Register
All Post-dated vouchers are maintained in Post-dated voucher Register.
Gateway of Tally > Display > Exception Report > Post Dated Vouchers
4. Reversing Journal in TallyERP9
Reversing Journals are special journals that are automatically reversed after a specified date. They exist only till that date and are effective only when called for in reports like the Balance Sheet
Example: it is 30th June and you want to view the Balance Sheet as of today but June salaries are not paid until the first week in July. There is, therefore, a large liability, which would not be reflected in the Balance Sheet. To overcome this, you would enter a reversing journal voucher dated 30th June, which would look something like this:
|Cr||Provisions (Current Liabilities)||5,000|
When you view the Balance Sheet, you would ask Tally.ERP for the report with the reversing journals included. The voucher affects the report only for that day, i.e., 30th June.
All vouchers are maintained in a Reversing Journal Register. These are not posted to any books of accounts and are consequently cannot be included in regular reports. They can only be seen through a scenario.
To activate Reversing Journals,
1. Go to Gateway of Tally.
2. Select F11: F1: Accounting Feature.
3. Set Use Reversing Journals & Optional Vouchers? to Yes.
4. Accept the screen to save.
Reversing Journal Register
All vouchers are maintained in a Reversing Journal Register. These are not posted to any books of accounts and cannot be included in regular reports. They can only be seen using a scenario.
Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Exception Reports > Reversing Journals.
5. Physical Stock Voucher (Alt+F10) in TallyERP9
Physical Stock Voucher is used for recording the actual stock which is verified or counted. It could happen that the Book Stocks and the Physical Stock do not match. It is not unusual that the company finds a discrepancy between actual stock and computer stock figure.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers.
2. Select the button F10 : Phys Stk from Button Bar or press Alt+F10.
3. Enter the stock taking date.
4. Select the name of the item from the List of items , for which physical stocks need to be recorded.
5. Select the Godown (Godown will appear only if, Maintain multiple Godowns is activated in F11:Features > F2:Inventory Features ), in which the Physical Stock taking was conducted.
6. Select the Batch number (Batch details will appear only if, Batch wise details are activated in the Stock Item Master screen) for which the Physical Stock quantity is to be recorded.
7. Enter the Physical Stock quantity.
Note: Physical Stock quantity will be displayed as Actual Stock in the Stock Summary from the date of entry of the Physical Stock.
6. Stock Journal Voucher (Alt+F7) in TallyERP9
Stock journal is a journal in which all types of stock adjustments are entered.
The stock adjustment may be due to the following reasons:
This is useful to transfer the goods from one location to another. The quantity of Stock remains the same, but the Location changes.
Additional Cost/Expenses involved in the Transfer of goods.:
You can also account the additional cost incurred in connection of transfer of materials from one location to another.
Accounting for Wastage of stock or shortage of stock:
There may be a shortage or wastage of stock items, the quantity may have got changes. In such cases, you have to enter a stock journal to account for the increase or decrease in the Stock Item.
If you are involved in the manufacturing process in which raw materials are consumed and finished goods are produced, then you can create a manufacturing Journal Voucher also.
To view the Stock Journal Voucher:
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers
2. Press the buttons Alt + F7 or Select the button F7: Stk Jrnl from the Button Bar
Business transfer its stock ‘Desktop Lenovo K200’ 10 Nos. from BALASORE Godown to BHUBANESWAR Godown with a additional Packing Expenses of Rs. 1,000
To get the Godown details enable the feature Maintain Multiple Godowns in F11: Features: F2: Inventory Features.
Shows the transfer of 10 Pcs of ‘Desktop Lenovo K200’ from BALASORE godown to BHUBANESWAR godown with additional expenses towards Packing Expenses of Rs.1000 ( as explained below).
Additional Cost on Purchase in Stock Journal :
[Note: To get the additional cost details in the Stock Journal voucher, enable Track additional costs of Purchase in F11: Features: F2: Inventory Features. ]
When there are some Additional Cost/Expenses incurred, then you can account the same in the Stock Journal.
After mentioning the quantity, rate and amount under Destination (Production), the ‘Additional Cost Details’ screen will be displayed. Enter the additional cost/expense incurred.
7. Rejection in Voucher (Ctrl+F6) in TallyERP9
This voucher is used to record goods received back from a customer after rejection. This Inventory voucher does not affect Accounting which affect inventory of the business only.
Swayam Sales takes back the following items rejected by a customer Lexsite Pvt. Ltd. which was issued through Delivery Note.
|Printer Epson Lq 1024||1 Nos.||21875|
Press F11 : Features, Select F2:Inventory and make YES to both features
i.e. Use Tracking numbers – Yes
& Use Rejection Inward and outward notes – YES
To view the Rejections In Voucher
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers
2. Press the Ctrl+F6 or select the button F6: Rej. In from the Button Bar
The Rejection In Voucher of the above example transaction will be as below :
8. Rejection Out Voucher (Alt+F6) in TallyERP9
This voucher is used to record goods returned back that were rejected by the company. For example, the company returns back those items that were rejected by a vendor.
Swayam Sales Reject the following items received against Material Receipt Note from the supplier ACER India Ltd.
|Laptop ACER 4720Z||1 Nos.||32500|
To view the Rejections Out Voucher
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers
2. Press the ALT+F6 or select the button F6: Rej. Out from the Button Bar
The Rejection Out Voucher of the above example transaction will be as below :